Today my lil' Filipino friends decided to cook instead of going to another Filipino food place. Hazel and I cooked adobo. Yes. We cooked adobo and it was goooood. I promise. Patrick fried some bangus. (Note to non-filipino friends...it's not bang-us, but "ba" and then "knus"). Milk-fish. Good stuff. Karen made bico. Rose made halo-halo. Terrence made leche flan. Steph bought the healthy veggies. They were good and we ate them while cooking. And, of course, we had rice. But, man did we stink that whole place up! Rose and I walked to the front door of the apartment building, which was about four floors up from where our lil' Filipino soiree was..and we were going back down and we smelled the food from all the way upstairs! It smelled hekka fish-saucy, fried-things going on somewhere. Dogs started barking and stuff. It was funny. Sorry Patrick and Joe your apartment is gonna smell for awhile.
After dinner, Joe who's really into alternative medicine and harmony & relaxation stuff, showed us some Tibetan bowls used to relax people. The bowls are alloyed and are made of 8 different metals. You put them on top or around a person who's lying down and then hit the bowls and they vibrate and they're suppose to relax you. Kinda cool. I didn't volunteer to try them 'cause I was experiencing food coma, but Karen did. And, she was all limp noodly after the treatment.
All in all, it was a good night. Pancit Pow Wows have been a success. On our third Pancit Pow Wow though, I think we need to actually have some pancit.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Pancit Pow Wow Part II
Posted by camille at 11:47 PM
Labels: med school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I want filipino food, especially 'cause I've never had any. Well, maybe once a long time ago...
Post a Comment