My friend, Hazel, and her family have been so nice to me. I spent a week and a half at her family's house when I was dormless and apartmentless, mooching off her family's food and activities. Her sister, Rosie (aka GERDie), her brother, Pierre and her cousin, David helped me move most of my stuff from the dorms to my apt last August. Then, a couple of weekends ago, they spent the night at my apartment because Danity Kane (DK) was going to be in Oakbrook. Yes, call us dorks or whatever, but we consciously planned to go see DK at Oakbrook Mall just because their song 'Show Stopper' was the song we kept hearing when we were moving. Total bonding moments there, I tell you. Anyway, we didn't get any autographs or any good pictures from DK, but we did see them and we got some serious shopping & eating done.
I think what I love about hanging out with Hazel and her fam is that they do the same things my cousins and I do---mostly nothing. We just hang out and do whatever. Most of all, whenever I go over her house, I just love hearing all the noise. It's so comforting, it's so Filipino....kinda like home.
"We show stoppin'
We show, show stoppin"
Show Stopper ~Danity Kane


0 comments:
Post a Comment